Wilton Manors TOD
DATE: September 2019
ROLE & PROGRAM:
Tri-Rail service today runs on the South Florida Rail Corridor formerly owned by the CSX railroad. The service is indicated by the western red and blue lines in the below graphic. Tri-Rail provides service to 18 stations along the 72-mile railway segment from the Mangonia Park Station in Palm Beach County to Miami International Airport. Since the service began in 1989, there have been plans for the service to be extended onto the Florida East Coast rail corridor.
Accordingly, for the City of Wilton Manors, the goal of the SFTOD planning effort is to identify ways to improve TOD conditions around the planned station to reflect the character of the City, facilitate future mobility, support system ridership, and enhance the economic sustainability of the area. This planning effort is also designed to advance the implementation of “Complete Streets,” which is a local, regional, and national priority to improve transportation facilities with multi-modal characteristics to provide the best and safest accommodations for all users – motorists, cyclists, pedestrians, and transit users.
DOCUMENTS: City of Wilton Manors TOD Master Plan
Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council
- Thomas Lanahan, Executive Director
- Dana Little, Urban Design Director
- Kim DeLaney. Ph.D., Director of Strategic Development and Policy
- Stephanie Heidt, AICP, Economic Development and Intergovernmental Programs Director
- Jessica Cortor Seymour, RA, LEED AP, Regional Planner
- Lauren Moss Clark
- JJV Studio: Jose Venegas
- Steven Fett Architecture: Steven Fett
- REG Architects: Rick Gonzalez; Vlad Dumitrescu
- Brad Davis, AICP, CNU-A of ALTA Planning & Design;
- ALTA Planning & Design: Kat Maines, LEED GA
- Real Estate & Economic Advisors:
- WTL +Associates: Tom Lavash
- RDS Retail & Development Strategies: Tom Moriarity
And in coordination with the City of Wilton Manors, South Florida Regional Transportation Authority, South Florida Regional Planning Council, Florida Department of Transportation, and adjacent municipalities.