Council frequently assists local governments, state agencies and federal agencies in identifying and evaluating Natural Resources of Regional Significance. Staff often participates by conducting surveys for endangered and threatened species on public and private properties. Council also helps to design preserve areas and develop management plans for protection of natural upland and wetland ecosystems on sites to be developed, participates in workshops to identify regionally significant natural resources, and attends field trips to assist in evaluating the quality and importance of natural communities on properties being considered for public purchase.
In addition, Council continues to provide assistance to local governments in developing and revising policies to enhance the protection of natural resources.
- South Florida Water Management District
- St. Johns River Water Management District
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection Watershed Education Website
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- South Florida Ecosystem Restoration Task Force
- Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan
- Florida Communities Trust
- Florida’s Coral Reef